Subaru Forum & Free Classified Buy & Sell Ads

An Unofficial Subaru Research Community
It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:54 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:02 am 
Site Admin

(from cars101.com homepage 1/25/09) 'Fewer new cars on lots as dealers watch inventory. With a 504 current Subaru model, color and emission combinations in the 2009 line, dealers are watching inventory carefully to reduce flooring (financing) expenses...
... model, color and emission possibilities in the 09 line: Outback 117, Legacy 103, Forester 81 (99 if you include the early Premiums without all weather pkg), Impreza sedan 60, Impreza wagon 91, Tribeca 62.'

How many models and colors combinations are needed?

Here are my random thoughts on a slow morning.

There are 9 Forester colors for 09, including 3 silver grays (steel, spark and dark).
How about only 1 silver gray? And drop the base XT turbo (9FM).

Trim the Outback line- make Navigation standard on the upper end 3.0 and turbo models.
Drop the basic Outback 2.5i automatic (9DB), 2.5i Limited with Navigation (9DL), 3.0R (9DU) and XT automatic (9DK) models without Navigation.

Impreza. Is there a need for a 2.5i Premium 4/5door? Add the sunroof to the Outback Sport and drop the Premium which is the pretty much the same price. That would leave a 2.5i and Outback Sport (and make the Sport with optional Navigation).

Legacy- 3 6cylinder 3.0R models? That's 2 too many. Same with GTs- there are 3 and 2 could go away (and keep the specB of course).

Tribeca? drop the base 7 passenger, make Nav and DVD one model only...

So that's my random un-scientific hit list. What do you think?

http://www.cars101.com
http://UsedBooks101.com

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:29 pm 

Greetings: First I like to thank Joe Spitz for a great Subaru web site.
I have few comments I would like to make. Recently my wife and I went to my local Subaru dealer to check out the new Forester and we were both attracted to the Topaz Gold model and when we looked inside I was disappointed with there choice of interior color and we walked away from it.My suggestion is why can't Subaru offer the consumer a choice, a nice medium brown tweed seats and matching dash and door trim panels would certainly compliment the Gold,White,Red,and Green models.
OUTBACK SPORT: I would like to see a monotone paint and raise the suspension to 8" this would give it the seperation from the Impreza.
OUTBACK: Drop the 245- 6 cylinder engine ( premium fuel ) and use the 256- 6 cylinder engine ( regular fuel )
LEGACY: Drop this model and come out with a 2.5 Outback sedan and a 2.5 limited sedan with a optional 6 cylinder engine.
TRIBECA: Drop this slow selling model and use the main frame for a pickup truck.Whats most inportant is that must look like a truck.I have given this some thought and even came up with a name ( Subaru Alpine )
GENERAL: All Subaru's should have a tilt and telescoping steering wheel.I would like to see standard body color door handles on all Subaru models,a nice finishing touch to the exteriors.
Regarding the Forester X it would be nice to see the all weather package with fog lights as a optional package.Thanks for looking, MZ from NY

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:27 pm 
Site Admin

m.zanger wrote:
(SNIP)
OUTBACK SPORT: I would like to see a monotone paint and raise the suspension to 8" this would give it the seperation from the Impreza.
OUTBACK: Drop the 245- 6 cylinder engine ( premium fuel ) and use the 256- 6 cylinder engine ( regular fuel )
LEGACY: Drop this model and come out with a 2.5 Outback sedan and a 2.5 limited sedan with a optional 6 cylinder engine.
TRIBECA: Drop this slow selling model and use the main frame for a pickup truck.Whats most inportant is that must look like a truck.I have given this some thought and even came up with a name ( Subaru Alpine )

Yes, 3.6L all the way---
The Outback sedan (97-06) didn't sell well and was dropped. The Legacy is supposed to compete against more mainstream Camry etc.
Yes, raise up the Outback Sport.
Good idea with the truck! Or bring back the Baja with a 48" bed!

Joe