Subaru Forum & Free Classified Buy & Sell Ads

An Unofficial Subaru Research Community
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:51 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:16 pm 
Site Admin

I like the new Basic Outback but think it could be even more Basic and come without radio, alarm, chipped key, dust filter, fog lights etc.
How about washable vinyl flooring?

What do you think?

A Basic Forester... take out the radio, roof rack, floor mats, fog lights?

And power windows, air conditioning... are they necessary?

Just wondering what you all think

Joe

http://www.cars101.com
http://UsedBooks101.com

Post subject: What soob would I like??
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:25 pm 

A rinsable interior and a dual range tranny!!! I have the DR 5speed in my 88 loyal and it rocks. Or , how about bringing the R1 to the states?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:35 pm 

Make them look like subarus again. They(2008 more then ever) look like nissans or toyotas, I guess this because of computer designs and wind tunnel testing everything ends up the same. And because they outsell subaru they might try to copy them some.

And small things, like my wife might have gotten a tribeca but I didnt like the all in one dash, with built in radio. Your stuck with what you got forever. She ended up getting a baja and we changed the radio in like 3 or 4 days. I have a wrx and I changed my radio in about 2 weeks.

And how come when subaru models come out they are always underpowered? The 3.0 in the tribeca is underpowered, specially if you want to tow something or put in 7 people. You gotta keep the rpms up pretty high to get your power, peak hp is like 6000rpm and the torque is only 215ft lbs, my 2.0 wrx is rated 217ft lbs and 200rpm's lower. . Im sure they will go to a 3.3 or 3.5 or something later, why not start with it, as least as an option.

The baja would have done really well with a 6, they could have re-tuned the 3.0 from 245hp@6000rpm & torque 215@4200rpm to something more usable like 220hp@5400 & 250ft lbs@4000.

They need to understand some people like power right from the start, they cant just stick a turbo on and hope to please everyone. Turbos scare some people too, they think the engines wont last as long. With the lack of low end power the tribeca might as well be a turbo 4.