Subaru Forum & Free Classified Buy & Sell Ads

An Unofficial Subaru Research Community
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:18 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Introduce yourself
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:12 pm 
Site Admin

Hello. Just wandering around the posts and realized I don't know many of you.

My name is Joe Spitz, in Seattle. 52 years old, work as internet sales manager at Carter Subaru. I drive a company car, usually Outback, the SO drives an 02 Impreza, we also have an older Miata and Accord.
And a cat.

I collect books, mostly signed first editions, and work on these webpages a lot. Check out my other site http://www.usedbooks101.com

Who are you?

Joe

http://www.cars101.com
http://UsedBooks101.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:38 am 

Hi all and Joe. :) I'm Angela and I do not currently own a Subaru. I have a Mazda3s Hatch with all the bells and whistles. While I do enjoy the car, I need something a little bigger, so I am looking into buying the Outback.

I am joining all the Subaru forums (subaruoutback.org, Nasioc, etc) to get a complete understanding of the Outback and other Scoobys. I hope to be a real part of the Subaru family soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:47 pm 

Hi Joe and everyone,

I'm Adam, here to research late '90s Outback wagons. I own a 2004 Honda Accord coupe, but the current payments and lack of cargo space do not mesh with my future needs.

Part of my (planned) business involves hauling of musical and audio equipment, speakers, amps, and the like, so I need something with cargo space and a more "all-purpose" feel than a coupe.

I am considering the Subaru Outback vs. Toyota RAV-4, Honda CR-V, and possibly other utility wagons.

Thanks for the useful info on the cars101.com site.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:38 pm 

Hi. I found Joe's specs pages (thank you Joe!) and then this forum while looking for a used Subie. I've had 3 older Legacy wagons and love them! Had a manual AWD one 2 cars ago, but the latest was an automatic but only FWD. Can't wait to get back to an AWD, especially with winter coming up.

Nice to meet you all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:04 am 

Hi, Joe and All. My name is Darrell. Live in So. OR. My wife and I have had 9 vehicles since we met in 98. Had one Suby 01 Outback. Will be happy to tell you all about that experience sometime. :( !!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:36 pm 

Hi There...
my name's dave and i'm a car nut i currently own a '99 chysler 300 M as my daily driver, i have restored (myself) a 1969 Dodge Charger R/T Special Edition and i purchased an original 1971 Plymouth road runner last april, which i'm bringing back after it's 20 year slumber in a garage...
i'm here cause i'm looking for a subie SVX...
hope to strike golde here soon...
thanks for the site Joeseph!

Strat aka Dave..

my charger can be seen here..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:36 pm 

o.k. here..
http://www.dodge-chargeronline.com/stratospage.html

Post subject: introductions
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:04 am 

Hi, Joe. Got msg. about intro's. I already did that. Happy new year to you and others on this site. Saw your picture. You look like you write. Darrell. PS We have 4 indoor cats.
I have been keeping an eye on what 08 wrx and sti will be like. Would like to buy a go faster wagon with 6-speed awd sometime. :roll: Others on Edmunds site are wanting a more mature "boy racer" suby also with more modern euro styling. Looks like Autoweek/car show is showing a car that looks a bit like the Golf turbo. Would be nice! Darrell. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:55 pm 
Site Admin

stratocharger wrote:

Nice car and looks to be in good shape too!
Joe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:49 pm 

ok so anyone avail in waterford Wisc. to look at a SVX for me?..
please?.. willing to pay for the effort if poss.
strat.
thanks in any case...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:37 pm 
Site Admin

stratocharger wrote:
ok so anyone avail in waterford Wisc. to look at a SVX for me?..
please?.. willing to pay for the effort if poss.
strat.
thanks in any case...

Hi. Maybe contact the Subie dealer in that area and ask if they will inspect a car, or more likely if they can suggest a good independent Subaru repair shop, then contact them. You can get the names of the local dealer on http://www.subaru.com, at least it's a start....

Joe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:13 pm 

excellent suggestion. thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:55 pm 

Hi Joe and all.

I found this site just yesterday while doing research impelled by the need to replace our beloved 1991 Legacy L (FWD) sedan that was totaled Monday by a driver who ran a red light and broadsided my wife. Amazingly no one was seriously injured. While Jane and I are going to miss this car (we bought it new), we are so thankful that it went out valiantly defending Jane from what could have been a very bad situation.

We didn't have to think more that a few seconds about what kind of replacement car to look for, and are excited to have found a very nice 2005 Legacy i Limited sedan. The previous car was great, but I must admit that I am now wondering how we survived 16 Minnesota winters without heated seats, AWD, ABS, and airbags!

Thanks for the fine website...

Rupe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:54 pm 

hi all i'm paul i live in England(but looking to move to canada).i thought see what going on this side of the water .so i've signed up to a few forums.
i drive a sonic blue 2000 turbo.P1 wing,redline rims,hybrid TD04 turbo,upgrded brakes and modded engine and gearbox.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:56 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:31 pm 
Site Admin

bootsy wrote:
hi all i'm paul i live in England(but looking to move to canada).i thought see what going on this side of the water .so i've signed up to a few forums.
i drive a sonic blue 2000 turbo.P1 wing,redline rims,hybrid TD04 turbo,upgrded brakes and modded engine and gearbox.

Good looking car. looks like the STIs wing.

Joe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:19 pm 

Hi, I'm Dave. I'm about to buy a 02 Impreza WRX wagon, but it has 142K miles on it. So I've been researching how these guys hold up to high mileage. The car looks great and I've always wanted one. Anyone have experience with this? Thanks.

Post subject: just wanted to say hello
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:04 pm 

[sizhe=12][/size]

MY NAME IS JUANITA

I HAVE A ROUTE IN THE KELSO WA AREA AND MY SUBARU ARE BY FAR THE BEST CARS THAT YOU CAN BY, AND I OWN A 1994 AND 1996
BOTH ARE IN GOOD CONDITION THEY ARE HARD WORKERS IF YOU MAINTAIN THEM. ALSO MY CARS CAN BE EXPENSIVE TO REPAIR, BUT THE MONEY THEY MAKE FOR ME IS WORTH IT

HAVE A GREAT DAY [/i][/b]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:43 am 

Hi, I'm Louis. Thanks for maintaining this site Joe. It is a great resource and it is referenced often on the popular Subaru message boards.

I'm from Buffalo, NY. I got my first Subaru about four years ago and have been in love with them ever since. I then got a 2000 Outback a little later and then a 1994 Legacy Wagon. I still have all three and they're great. I do all maintenance and repairs, (ok well there aren't many repairs required :) ) myself. I am an engineer and also like messing with pretty much any electrical/mechanical equipment, computers, and internet/web sites. I did a bunch of posts on here a week or so ago and unfortunately I think the database crashed and was restored so my posts were lost. I had saved some of them and was able to repost today.

Post subject: Re: Introduce yourself
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:28 pm 

Hi all, My name is Joe. I figured should introduce myself. Mostly I joined this forum to see if there is anyone on here that has a 98 subaru legacy outback, an if so has anyone modded theirs? like building up a motor and boosting it?? And if so is there a specific motor that I should be looking at to build up??? Would greatly appreciate any feedback whatsoever. Thanks