Subaru Forum & Free Classified Buy & Sell Ads

An Unofficial Subaru Research Community
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:52 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 4:25 pm 

my 2002 outback sport has been bogging down and losing power before catching again, causing some close calls when merging and sending me 50 mph in town without warning once it gets back up to speed. when this is going on it usually starts shaking and the engine will start revving. and occasionally leads to stalls. i had my check engine light on, which said my knock sensor was bad, i replaced it and now the lights off but the problem hasn't stopped, anyone know what might be wrong?

i put a new fuel filter on it today, its still too early to say but it feels a little better but it's still a little sluggish when i first accelerate from a stop (especially when turning?) but its not unusual for it to run fine for a day or two and start acting up again out of nowhere

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 6:12 am 

still haven't had any luck, ive decided to replace the front 02 sensor later today, and im thinking of replacing the catalytic converter, it has some rust damage and i recently replaced the muffler and res pipe, figured i might as well double tap it, ill keep progress posted but id appreciate any input