Subaru Forum & Free Classified Buy & Sell Ads

An Unofficial Subaru Research Community
It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:18 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:42 am 
Site Admin

Michelle, will have to wait for the brochures or cars.
Of course, colors in brochures are like paint chips at the hardware store, somehow they don't always look the same in real life....

Joe

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:07 am 

Joe,

Well, I ended up buying a '06 LL Bean Forester last night to replace my '98 Forester L. With the rebate and year-end pricing, I was able to make the decision to buy the '06 as soon as I saw it in black - really looks sharp with the two-tone paint. Love how it contrasts with the beige leather. I was happy to see that the LL Bean logos were relatively subtle.

Just wanted to thank you so much for providing such a useful web site, that helps even those of us who can't buy from you. I read your site SO many times in the past month or two while doing comparisons of trim lines, trying to decide if I wanted to wait for an '07, etc.

I looked at the CR-V and RAV-4 and didn't find them nearly as appealing in general, plus I really disliked the spare tires being mounted on the back of both on the swing gate that opens in the wrong direction (for those of us who drive on the right hand side of the road).

It's too bad that most people in SoCal don't "get" the Subaru concept. Some people thought I was crazy for buying another Forester (how "boring") but they don't get the fact that it's the best of all worlds for me: a very safe wagon that can function as a SUV but with sporty/nimble handling...it's so much fun to drive! The excellent visibility is a big draw for me, and the mega moonroof was the clincher.

thanks again,
Michelle