Subaru Forum & Free Classified Buy & Sell Ads

An Unofficial Subaru Research Community
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:42 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:34 pm 

1994 Subaru Legacy LS All Wheel Drive

67,973 Original Miles

Price: $5200

I helped my cousin pick this car out when she bought it new at Tacoma Subaru. She came down from Anchorage to buy it and drove it home, so it was first licensed in Anchorage. She drove it home unlicensed since there is no sales tax in Alaska. I have the carbon copy of the cashier’s check and she paid $ 17,829.00 out the door.

She died of cancer in 2002 and left it to me. When I got the car it had 23,547 miles on it. It actually was in her estate but her parents knew she wanted me to have it so they signed it over to me.

Since 2002 it has been in Seattle (where it is now) and has been my daily driver. As of today there is 67,973 miles on it. I am selling it because our family is going all bio-diesel with old Mercedes. If we were not doing this I would not sell it.

Engine: 4-cylinder 2.2 Liter Fuel Injected
Transmission: Automatic

The LS model has all options except leather seats. Some of these include:

ABS Brakes
All Wheel Drive (full time 4 wheel drive Subaru is famous for)
Driver Side Air Bag
Tilt Steering Wheel
Power Windows
Power Door Locks
Power Steering
Power Brakes
CD Player, Cassette Player, and AM/FM Radio – All Factory
Air Conditioning
Sun Roof
Cruise Control

The mats have been on the carpets since it was new and everything works great. The factory sound system actually sounds good and no one wants to break in and steal it since its all factory.

The car comes with a set of four studded snow tires mounted on rims. This means there are actually two complete sets of wheel and tires for it, the 4 factory mags with all season radials, and the 4 factory steel wheels with the studded snow tires. The all season radials on the mags are two years old and the studs were bought new with the car and probably have about 5,000 miles on them.

VIN: 4S3BC6530R7640929 so feel free to do a CarFax on it (the second digit is an S as in Sam not the number 5.

Tabs were just purchased so they are good until Feb. 2008.

Minor Issues:
1. There is a crack at the bottom of the windshield on the passenger side. It does not affect the driver or passenger’s view in any way and has not continued cracking since it happened a few years ago.

2. The sun roof developed a very small leak so I immediately took it apart, cleaned out all the factory sealant and replaced it with the best sealant I could find (50 year warranty I believe). Unfortunately, when I took it apart I did not pay careful attention to the placement of the spacers the factory uses to align it just right. This means that it now needs a hand (much like the old Mercedes) to close or open. Because of this I don’t open it anymore. It worked perfectly before I removed and replaced it so I know this is the issue. A Subaru shop could easily align it correctly again. There is nothing at all wrong with the motor or mechanism. Happy ending to this story is that I fixed the leak and since I handled it right away there was no damage to the interior whatever.

3. There is a small stain on the carpet just to the passenger side of the center console. There is also a small stain on the rear seat on the driver’s side.

4. One of the center covers came off one of the mag wheels while driving after I had the tires rotated. Apparently the good boys at Les Schwab didn’t put it back on tightly. These are easily purchased at a Subaru dealer.

These cars last a very long time if maintained and this one has particularly low miles. It would be a great car for anyone. Cool enough for a young person yet reliable, safe, and comfortable enough for the rest of us. The price is firm. Please e-mail with any questions I haven’t covered here. If you’d like more photos just send me an e-mail.

Dealers are not welcome. I want this car to go to someone who will take care of it and drive it, not resell it for a profit. I will not knowingly sell it to a dealer or wholesaler.

Thanks
Jeffrey Bruton